Nursing Assistant Exams
- National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP)
- Nursing Assistant / Home Health Aide (NA/HHA)
Nursing Assistant Candidate:
You have successfully completed a state-approved Nursing Assistant training program within the past two years. You must take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) written exam and skills evaluation.
Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide Candidate:
You have successfully completed a state-approved Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide training program within the past two years. You must take the Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (NA/HHA) written exam and skills evaluation.
Home Health Aide Candidate:
You must have completed a state-approved Home Health Aide training program, have previously taken and passed the NNAAP written exam and skills evaluation, or are on the MN Nursing Assistant Registry and are now seeking Home Health Aide certification. You will only be required to take the NA/HHA written exam (Home Health Aide candidates do NOT need to take the skills evaluation).
Test-Out Candidate (applies to Nursing Assistant candidates only):
Examples for not meeting the three (3) eligibility routes listed above include:
- Nurse aide or nursing assistant trained in another country
- Candidate never trained as a nursing assistant
- Candidate who has not worked as a nursing assistant in the last two years
- Nursing assistant from another state who does not qualify for reciprocity
- Student nurse or graduate nurse candidate
NNAAP or NA/HHA written (or oral) exam and skills evaluation | $195
RE-TEST written (or oral) exam | $100
RE-TEST skills evaluation | $125
- Payment of all fees are due at the time of registration. Pre-registration is required.
- PearsonVue fees are paid by DCTC.
- Registration must be completed and full payment made by the end of business on the day prior to the examination.
- Registration and/or payment will not be accepted via mail or on the morning of the examination.
Refunds and exam rescheduling must be communicated by phone, fax, e-mail or in person no later than two business days prior to the date of the examination. Refunds will not be issued after that date.