THE BENEFITS OF
SKILLS DEVELOPMENT COURSES
You lead a busy life, but still want to make time for learning. We offer a wide variety of non-credit training opportunities to expand your knowledge, improve your on-the-job skills, learn a new hobby, or improve your health and wellness. You can take just one course you are interested in or complete several courses in a series for a more in depth look at a particular topic. Taking personal enrichment courses is an affordable, fun way to learn something new.
Our training programs provide:
- Practical experience with hands-on learning opportunities
- Industry expert instructors
- Flexible scheduling, and group training available
- Set your own pace—learn at home or on the go with online courses
Unlike traditional classroom-based courses, our approach to learning fits virtually any schedule and budget.
Skills Development Programs
MTC offers a wide variety of online courses designed to help parents. From homeschooling to understanding the IEP process for your child, you will discover a variety of topics to help you navigate the complex world of family and parenting.
Do you want money to finance a project? Do you want to develop an idea into an action plan? Do you want fundraising ideas? If you find yourself in a position to start, develop or transform an organization you will find these online courses helpful in strategizing and organizing your action plan.
Occupational Spanish training is often the best way to get started in Spanish communication. This is a practical and cost-effective way to begin cutting through the language barrier in your specific field. Occupational Spanish training is designed to produce tangible results – improve communication, teamwork, efficiency, customer service, and productivity in your organization by learning key terms and expressions that help you communicate with Spanish-speakers. You don’t have to learn the whole language to ask a basic question, greet a customer, talk with a patient, or issue job commands. It’s these brief conversations that are important and relatively easy, because simple terms and phrases do not require knowledge of grammar, verb conjugations or complicated language rules.
No prior Spanish experience is necessary.
Occupational Spanish Courses can be delivered at your work site. The curriculum can be customized to your own organizational needs. The course is typically 12 hours over 6 weeks.
The Benefits For
- Business Managers and Supervisors
- Connect and communicate with Spanish-speaking employees to improve understanding, operations and productivity.
- Law Enforcement Officers and First Responders
- Communicate with Spanish speakers using short, simple communication, asking brief questions and giving easy to understand directions or commands.
- For Realtors
- Directly communicate with Spanish-speaking customers. The Hispanic community is the fastest growing market segment in the real estate market.
- Health Care Professionals
- Connect and communicate with Spanish-speaking patients and process medical transactions efficiently and effectively.
- Teachers and Administrators
- Communicate more effectively, on a basic level, with Spanish speaking students and parents.
Harold Torrence, Business Management Instructor | 651-423-8606 email@example.com
Customized Corporate Solutions
Many of our courses and training programs can be customized to fit your requirements. We adapt to various schedules and locations for your individual or company’s needs.
Today, digital photography has opened doors for the novice and professional photographer alike to create works of art. Learn techniques and tips in these online courses for better photography of people, nature and your travel adventures.
You don’t have to be a teacher to take these online courses. Many people from different occupations can benefit from learning about dealing with discipline, using effective PowerPoint presentations, teaching an autistic person and more.
It takes a variety of skills to be successful in today’s professional work environment. Our workplace readiness coursework can help you brush up, with topics including communications, cultural skills, productivity, initiative, critical thinking, and much more. Give yourself the best shot at success with MTC’s workplace readiness classes.
Need help in business or technical writing? Want to learn how to write a novel? Looking for help in publishing and marketing your writing? Want to learn the basics? Whether you are just starting out, or an experienced writer, we have a course to fit your needs.
These writing courses help you:
- Become more proficient at work-related or creative writing
- Write messages in a clear and concise manner
- Increase your writing and editing speed
- Enjoy writing more
Personal Enrichment, Children and Families
Minnesota Training Connection partners with school districts across the South Metro. Community Education offers great options for learners of all ages.
Serving South St. Paul, Inver Grove Hieghts, and West St. Paul-Mendota Heights-Eagan School Districts
Serving the greater Hastings community
Serving Rosemount, Apple Valley and Eagan
Serving Burnsville, Eagan and Savage
Serving the Shakopee area