This is a one-on-one training session that is set up between yourself and the instructor. This is a 16-hour session over two days including the test taken on the second day.
- $1,400 includes test at the License Exam Station (no financial aid available)
- Additional fees to obtain license (payable at the License Exam Station on the day of testing)
- $150 per test if additional tests are necessary
- Class B CDL permit
- To obtain your permit you must take a general knowledge test and air brakes test, which includes questions from the Minnesota Commercial Driver’s Manual.
- DOT physical exam and pre-employment drug screen
- Contact your doctor or clinic to see if they provide these medical services, or contact Twin Cities Occupational Health & Rehabilitation in Mendota Heights at 651-224-8264 to schedule an appointment. DCTC students receive a discount.
School Bus and/or Passenger Bus Endorsement (Optional)
Two additional tests are required to obtain a school bus/passenger bus endorsement. Study materials can be found in the CDL Manual, Section 1 Part B: MN School Bus Drivers Handbook and Chapter 4: Transporting Passengers Safely.
Contact one of the representatives listed above for registration or more information.