This 6-week course provides Class A CDL (automatic transmission) training that will prepare participants to pass the Class A CDL driving test and meets all aspects of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Regulations.
It is designed for those seeking employment as a Class A Commercial Driver.
This training includes: Basic Operation, Safe Operating Procedures, Advanced Operating Procedures, Vehicle Systems, Reporting Malfunctions, and Non Driving Activities.
Visit our website for more information on the Class A CDL Training Commercial Driver Academy.
Prerequisites before starting class:
- Class A CDL permit – to obtain your permit you must take a general knowledge, airbrake, and combination written exams, which includes questions from the Minnesota Commercial Driver’s Manual. To find a testing location, view Minnesota Driver & Vehicle office locations. After you pass all of the tests, you may apply to receive your permit. You must have a Class A CDL permit or license before you can begin driving.
- DOT physical
- Pre-employment DOT drug screen – contact your doctor or clinic to see if they provide DOT physicals or drug screens or contact Twin Cities Occupational Health & Rehabilitation in Mendota Heights and call to schedule an appointment. (Commercial Driver Academy students receive a discount).
- Clean Driving Record – You must fill out and complete the attached Vehicle Use Agreement. This form is important because it looks at your driving record to make sure you are eligible to drive state vehicles. Here is the form: Vehicle Use Agreement– an official with the Commercial Driver Academy will also need to sign it before we can submit it to the state for approval.
Other Program Considerations with the Commercial Driver Academy:
- Scheduled license exam and driving test with a Commercial Driver Academy vehicle and professional instructor – One on One instruction!
- Cost – $5,995, includes up to two tests at the License Exam Station (no financial aid available)
- Additional fees to obtain license or permit (payable at the License Exam Station on the day of testing), DOT physical and a PRE EMPLOYMENT drug test
- $300, if a third test is necessary (a maximum of 3 tests may be taken)
Contact Chris Hinrichs before registering at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-423-8238