Class A CDL Truck Training is available through the Commercial Driver Academy.
Know the requirements to be a CDL driver
- In Minnesota, you must be at least 18 to qualify for a CDL. However, to drive a commercial vehicle across state lines or to transport hazardous materials, in most cases, you need to be 21 years of age.
- A valid Class D driver’s license.
- A valid commercial learner permit (CLP) is required before you can start road training for your CDL. We recommend you get your CLP before you start the program. Talk to us if you need help with this.
- Pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and DOT drug screening.
- Find more details about the requirements to be a CDL driver.
Apply for the CDL A program
Once you have your CLP you are ready to start training. Our CDL Class A training program will quickly get you on the road – in as little as six weeks.